BUILD THE BEST MOBILE APP
At the Salesforce $1 Million Hackathon, we are looking for awesome mobile apps utilzing Force.com, Heroku, or Force.com with Heroku.
There will be 10 winners for the Force.com category, 10 winners for the Heroku category, and 10 winners for the Force.com with Heroku category. One first place winner will be designated the Grand Prize Winner and win an additional $150,000.
Additionally, teams that contribute to the open source community with their Node, Postgres, Python, or Ruby code as part of their app submission can compete for a $5,000 cash prize for their team. Plus we'll throw in a $5,000 donation to the open source organization or foundation of the team’s choice.
- The Hackathon is open to registered participants who are at least 18 years old, or the age of majority in the jurisdiction where they reside, whichever is older.
- The following people, however, are not eligible to participate: individuals who (a) are, or at any point since July 1, 2012 have been, employed by salesforce.com. inc. or any of its direct or indirect wholly or majority owned subsidiaries, the Salesforce Foundation, BeMyApp Corporation, EventBrite, George P. Johnson, or ChallengePost; (b) are the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of any of those employees or former employees in (a) above; (c) are current employees of an entity in which salesforce.com has invested and holds an ownership interest; (d) are current employees of a third-party sponsor of the Hackathon; or (e) are residents of Cuba, Iran, Myanmar, North Korea, Sudan, or Syria.
- If you are an employee of a corporation, government agency, or an academic institution, you are responsible for ensuring that your participation in the Hackathon complies with any policies your corporation, agency, or institution may have regarding participation in contests of this type. We are not responsible for any disputes arising between you and your employer.
You must create a mobile app using Force.com, Heroku, or Force.com with Heroku.
How to enter
Each team member must register both as an individual and as part of a team at http://salesforcehackathon.challengepost.com by 12:00 PM on October 11, 2014. You may not be part of more than one team.
You must complete your team’s Entry to the Event at http://salesforcehackathon.challengepost.com by 12:00 PM on October 12, 2014. Late entries will not be accepted, and incomplete entries will be disqualified.
Entry to the Event consists of:
- Your mobile App built using Force.com, Heroku, or a combination of Force.com and Heroku;
- Selection of the challenge you are competing in: Force.com, Heroku, or Force.com with Heroku
- If applicable, selection of Open Source challenge you are competing in: Open Source Node, Open Source Postgres, Open Source Python, or Open Source Ruby;
- App title;
- App tagline;
- App description (should be approximately 500 words);
- App screenshots or image, with a maximum size of 5mb; format should be JPG, PNG or GIF with a 3:2 aspect ratio;
- Git Commit submissions must be submitted as described in Section 6 of the rules;
Use of the Salesforce1 Platform
Impact on Open Source Community
Only for the open source category